- (June 16, 2011) Conference program (final) is uploaded in the Program page.
- (June 8, 2011) Conference program (second draft) is uploaded in the Program page.
- (June 4, 2011) Conference program (first draft) is uploaded in the Program page.
- (May. 11, 2011) Online registration is closed. If you have not registered but paln to attend the conference, you may register on site. For details, please refer to Registration page.
- (May. 10, 2011) Full paper submission is closed. We are doing the final check for all submitted papers. We will contact you through email if more revisions are needed.
- (Apr. 22, 2011) Full paper acceptance notice will be sent out between April 25 and May 2.
- (Apr. 22, 2011) Early bird registration deadline is extended to May 10.
- (Apr. 9, 2011) Full paper submission deadline is extended to April 15, 2011.
- (Mar. 30, 2011) Registration is open. To save US$50, please register before April 30, 2011 through the “Registration” Page.
- (Mar. 30, 2011) Hotel room reservation is also open now. Please read the “Lodging” page for more information. The deadline of room reservation is also April 30, 2011. After this date, rate and room availability can NOT be guaranteed.
- (Mar. 15, 2011) Acceptance notices have been sent out. If you can submit full paper, that means your abstract has been accepted. All authors are requested to read “Publications” page, before submitting their full papers. Paper submission deadline is April 10, 2011. If you are a student and would like to attend student paper competition, please carefully read the “Student paper competition” page.
- (Jan. 30, 2011) Deadline: With respect to requests from some authors, the deadline of abstract submission has been extended to Feb. 15. Please finish your submissions on or before the new deadline. Thanks for your support!. For details, please go to http://cpgis.org/Conferences/OtherContent.aspx?ID=5&conID=61
- (Jan. 25, 2010) Keynote speakers: Prof. XU Guanhua, Prof. Michael Goodchild with The University of California, Santa Barbara, Prof. Hui Lin with The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Mr. Simon Thompson, Director of Commercial Business Industry at ESRI, and Dr. Vincent Tao, CEO at PPLive Inc. have confirmed to be keynote speakers of the conference. Thanks to them! For their information, please go to http://cpgis.org/Conferences/OtherContent.aspx?ID=2&conID=61
-(Jan. 22, 2010) Publication: Besides IEEE GRSS, the home site of IEEE has also posted the information of the conference at http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/conferencedetails/index.htm?Conf_ID=18759
- (Jan. 15, 2011) Special sessions: 9 special sessions will be organized targeting different aspects of GeoInformatics. For details, please go to http://cpgis.org/Conferences/OtherContent.aspx?ID=3&conID=61
- (Nov. 20, 2010) Publication
: IEEE GRSS has confirmed to be a technical co-sponsor of the conference and publish the conference proceedings, which is covered by Engineering Index
(EI). The conference information has appeared in the website of IEEE GRSS http://www.grss-ieee.org/geoinformatics-2011/
CALL FOR PAPERS (EI-covered)
A printer-friendly call for paper can be downloaded here. Please kindly circulate it in related communities. Many thanks for your support in advance!
Participants are invited to submit original, unpublished research contributions or experience reports not concurrently submitted elsewhere. The first call is for an extended abstract. All abstracts must be 300-500 words long and written in English. Abstracts must be submitted online on or before the deadline.
Authors of all accepted abstracts will be invited to submit full papers to be published in EI-covered conference proceedings by IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS). Some selected papers will be published in special issues of SCI/SSCI-covered journals.
Welcome to GeoInformatics 2011
The Geoinformatics conference series was initiated by the International Association of Chinese Professionals in Geographic Information Sciences(CPGIS) in 1992. This annual international conference has provided a unique forum for exchanging ideas and knowledge on geo-information sciences between GIS professionals worldwide. The 19th International Conference on Geoinformatics (Geoinformatics 2011) will be held on June 24-26, 2011 at Shanghai, China. The conference is co-organized by “Key Lab of Geographical Information Science, Ministry of Education, East China Normal University”, "The Lab for Urban and Regional Analysis, East China University of Science and Technology”, and “The International Association of Chinese Professionals in Geographic Information Sciences (CPGIS)”.
The conference theme is “GIS in Education and Business” It will provide an unprecedented opportunity for professionals and students from remote sensing, geoinformation science, and related disciplines to discover cutting-edge geoinformatics technology and applications, while at the same time exchanging their ideas, research results, professional experiences, and future visions in the fields of geographic information science, remote sensing, and their applications.
The conference will include plenary, special, oral, and poster sessions. Please consider submitting your abstracts and papers to the sessions most suitable for exchanging your ideas and research with similar researchers. The Organization Committee would also like to invite all interested parties to propose special sessions for Geoinformatics 2011. Special session Chairs can propose full sessions (10 papers) or half sessions (5 papers). The Session chairs are responsible for inviting the papers and ensuring these papers are submitted via the normal conference referee process. If a Special Session lacks enough papers to complete the time allotment, additional papers can be selected from the general paper submissions.
Should you have any enquiry, please free feel to contact us.
We look forward to meeting you in Shanghai next summer!
Committees of GeoInformatics 2011